GRIPONE LEONE is the next generation of traction control systems for motorcycles, designed and produced by GUBELLINI. It includes the function of traction control and anti wheelie control. The great innovation inside GRIPONE LEONE is that it works without speed sensors. It is the only one on the market that uses a sophisticated inertial platform in combination with the RPM signal. This characteristic lets GRIPONE LEONE be incredibly easy to install and fast in reacting to the rear tyre spinning. It does not need any computer to be programmed, it is “ready to go”.
Thanks to the technology 3D-Intelligence and the inertial platform IMU (included), GRIPONE LEONE measures tyre loads and it relates them to the RPM rate. If the tyre loads are not consistent with the behavior of the engine revolutions, GRIPONE LEONE detects an anomaly in the power delivery and it adjust automatically the torque. GRIPONE does not measure the spinning itself but it measure the coherence between RPM rate and tyre loads. Other systems reduce the power when the spinning is above a certain amount, GRIPONE LEONE stop the spinning as soon it start. It means it is much faster then everybody else.
By the remote buttons you can easily change the level of traction control and anti wheelie control (together), between 5 levels (from amateur rider’s level to professional rider’s level). Scrolling from level 1 to level 5, you can increase the amount of control during the acceleration phase. If you want to go deep into every single details, GRIPONE LEONE can be programmed by WINSOFT (via USB) the like our other devices (GRIPONE S3 and GRIPONE S4).
GRIPONE LEONE works together with the inertial platform IMU, that is included into the kit. Through the calculation of accelerations, GRIPONE LEONE can evaluate the wheels loads, the yaw, the roll and the pitch of the motorcycle. GRIPONE LEONE is pre-programmed so you don’t need software or PC or maps to prepare the ECU.
The wiring loom included into the kit is completely plug & play. It does not need any kind of modification on the original harness because it made with the original connectors. In the most of the applications, the wiring loom is connected to the coils, between the coil and the original connector as a bridge.
GRIPONE LEONE is thought to be used on street bike and in sport racing. When everything must be optimized to improve the performance, you need an extra help to save time and to be more precise. For this reason GRIPONE LEONE encloses a serial data line that can be connected to our DAM data logger. The data logger can record all the internal parameters that perform the functionalities of GRIPONE LEONE and you can analyze the data to optimize your traction control system.
Available: in 6 working day
Documentation & Software download
What includes the kit
The kit includes everything you need for installation on the bike. You do not have to add more. The DAM Datalogger is not included in the kit but are available as optional accessories.Applications
- READY TO GO. The system is fully plug & play. ECU is already programmed in factory and IMU initialized. User does not need any extra setup. The installation is extremely fast and easy. Moreover as soon the system is on the bike you can enjoy it.
- 3D-INTELLIGENCE. The new control system calculates the ideal sensitive in all condition. Every 0.005 Sec The unit check the data and it updates the sensitivity in real-time.
- TRACTION CONTROL. The most important function of GRIPONE LEONE is the traction control that is extremely fast compare other traction control. It works only when it is necessary, optimizing the acceleration and stability of motorcycle.
- ANTI WHEELIE. The “Pulse Wave” wheelie control ensures fast intervention and a gradual rapprochement of the wheel to the asphalt. Thanks to the inertial platform, the system can recognize the distance between tyre and ground, managing the power with high precision.
- TOTAL CUSTOMIZATION. GRIPONE LEONE is programmed in factory but as well it can be customized like GRIPONE S3 and GRIPONE S4 by using WINSOFT and re-programming it by USB cable (optional). There are many more parameters that the user can adjust to improve the system on his own needs.